Make a Difference with Tapestry
Executive Chef (Victoria Harbour)
Tapestry is an active aging community for independent adults. At Tapestry, residents live healthy, engaged, purposeful and socially connected lives and experience personalized, resident-centric service. Reporting to the Resident Services Manager, the Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the kitchen with a focus on food safety, quality and overall exceptional culinary experience. Responsibilities include quarterly menu creation, developing seasonal and feature menus, ensuring the appropriate quality and quantity product is ordered through approved vendors, and proactively interacting with residents to discuss food options and quality. The Executive Chef oversees the department, which operates under a unique model that requires our chefs to serve our residents to create an intimate dining experience focused on elevating the community’s overall culinary experience.
Qualifications & Requirements:
▪ Diploma or Degree in Culinary Arts
▪ Red Seal Certification
▪ Food Safe Designation
▪ Minimum of 3 years as an Executive Chef
▪ Minimum of 5-10 years in a commercial kitchen environment with experience overseeing kitchen operations and staff
▪ Experience planning and directing culinary activities
▪ Experience developing menus and estimating food costs
▪ Strong interpersonal and communication skills; effective problem solver and change leader
▪ Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products, scheduling/payroll systems and inventory control systems/processes
▪ Passionate about food; interested in changing global food trends, options and opportunities
▪ Valid Driver’s Licence
We offer a competitive total compensation package (wage and comprehensive benefits) and the opportunity to be part of an exceptional team environment. Please note, your employment as a successful candidate is subject to completing a Vulnerable Sector Check and TB test, as well as providing documentation validating that you have received Tapestry’s required immunizations.
Referral Program: As an employee, if you recommend a qualified candidate that we hire, you will be eligible for an Employee Referral Program award!
October 5, 2021
Executive Chef – October 2021
pdf – 90.34 KB