Make a Difference with Tapestry
At Tapestry, residents live healthy, engaged, purposeful and socially connected lives and experience personalized, resident-centric service. As an experienced cook, this role is comfortable planning prep, set-up and providing quality service in all areas of food production including, but not limited to daily features, special events and displays/presentations. The Cook 1 assists with the supervision of other kitchen employees in the absence of management and must have a complete understanding of basic food preparation skill sets with the ability to perform these tasks error free and meet the company’s high-quality standards.
Qualifications & Requirements:
▪ High school diploma preferred
▪ Minimum of three to five years of cooking experience in a fast-paced, commercial kitchen environment with a strong focus on delivering a superior culinary and customer experience
▪ Food Safe Level 1 certification preferred; pursuing Red Seal certification preferred
▪ Strong interpersonal and communication skills
▪ Interested in working in a professional environment guided by an experienced and passionate Executive Chef
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Tapestry has taken a number of significant measures to protect the health of our residents and employees, including active screening upon entry to the community. Only those individuals who are free of cold and flu symptoms are able to work in the community. All Tapestry employees must be fully-immunized against COVID-19.
Single Site Order (SSO):
Under the Provincial Single Site Order (SSO), Tapestry cannot employ an individual who is assigned to work at another assisted living, long term care or mental health facility.
As an employee, if you recommend a qualified candidate that we hire, you will be eligible for an Employee Referral Program award!
April 11, 2022
Wesbrook Village – Cook 1 – FT – April 2022
pdf – 111.98 KB