Make a Difference with Tapestry
Career Opportunity | Tapestry at Victoria Harbour
Cook 1 – Full-Time
Tapestry at Victoria Harbour is our newest community on Vancouver Island, scheduled to welcome new residents in mid-February 2021. At Tapestry, residents live healthy, engaged, purposeful and socially connected lives and experience personalized, resident-centric service. As an experienced cook, this role is comfortable planning prep, set-up and providing quality service in all areas of food production including, but not limited to daily features, special events and displays/presentations. The Cook 1 assists with the supervision of other kitchen employees in the absence of management and must have a complete understanding of basic food preparation skill sets with the ability to perform these tasks error free and meet the company’s high-quality standards.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school diploma preferred
- Minimum of three to five years of cooking experience in a fast-paced, commercial kitchen environment with a strong focus on delivering a superior culinary and customer experience
- Food Safe Level 1 certification preferred
- Pursuing Red Seal certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Interested in working in a professional environment guided by an experienced and passionate Executive Chef
Tapestry offers an attractive total compensation package (wage and benefits) and is located in beautiful Victoria, near public transit. If you’re passionate about making a difference in people’s lives and you’re a team player, please contact us and let us know why you would be an excellent candidate for this role in our newest community.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Tapestry has taken a number of significant measures to protect the health of our residents and employees, including active screening upon entry to the community. Only those individuals who pass screening and are free of cold and flu symptoms are able to work in the community.
VH – Cook 1 – Full Time
pdf – 479.79 KB