Make a Difference with Tapestry
At Tapestry, resident service is an important point of differentiation in our active aging communities for independent adults. Friendly, courteous and prompt service is critical to the vibrant and dynamic community experience we strive to create every day. Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Cook 2 is an entry-level culinary professional responsible for prep, set-up and quality service in food production including, but not limited to daily features, special events and displays/presentations. While a more junior culinary professional, the Cook 2 must have a complete understanding of basic food preparation skill sets with the ability to perform these tasks error-free and meet the company’s quality standards. The Cook 2 adheres to established policies and procedures, as well as health department, sanitation and safety practices. The Cook 2 also maintains kitchen area cleanliness standards.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school diploma preferred
- Minimum of one to three years of experience in a fast-paced, professional environment focused on delivering a superior culinary experience
- Food Safe Level 1 Certification
- Positive team player, effective communicator and actively fosters an environment of trust and collaboration
- Interested in working in a professional environment guided by an experienced and passionate Executive Chef
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Tapestry has taken a number of significant measures to protect the health of our residents and employees, including active screening upon entry to the community. Only those individuals who are free of cold and flu symptoms are able to work in the community. Please note – we are offering our employees a 10% Recognition Pay Premium for every hour worked in the community. Employees working at Tapestry are not currently able to work in a secondary role.
Cook 2 June 2020
pdf – 141.94 KB