Make a Difference with Tapestry
At Tapestry, resident service is an important point of differentiation in our active aging communities for independent adults. Friendly, courteous and prompt service is critical to the vibrant and dynamic community experience we strive to create every day.
As an experienced cook, this role is comfortable planning prep, set-up and providing quality service in all areas of food production including, but not limited to daily features, special events and displays/presentations. The Cook 1 assists with the supervision of other kitchen employees in the absence of management and must have a complete understanding of basic food preparation skill sets with the ability to perform these tasks error-free and meet the company’s high-quality standards.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• High school diploma preferred
• Minimum of two-years of cooking experience in a fast-paced, commercial kitchen environment with a strong focus on delivering a superior culinary and customer experience
• Food Safe Level 1 certification preferred
• Pursuing Red Seal certification preferred
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Interested in working in a professional environment guided by an experienced and passionate Executive Chef
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Tapestry has taken a number of significant measures to protect the health of our residents and employees, including active screening upon entry to the community. Only those individuals who are free of cold and flu symptoms are able to work in the community. Please note – we are offering our employees a 10% recognition premium for every hour worked in the community.
Cook June 2020
pdf – 150.09 KB