Make a Difference with Tapestry
Executive Chef (Victoria Harbour)
Tapestry is an independent living community for adults passionate about actively aging. At Tapestry, residents live healthy, engaged, purposeful and socially connected lives and experience personalized, resident-centric service. Reporting to the General Manager, the Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the kitchen with a focus on food safety, quality and overall exceptional culinary experience. Responsibilities include quarterly menu creation, developing seasonal and feature menus, ensuring the appropriate quality and quantity product is ordered through approved vendors, and proactively interacting with residents to discuss food options and quality. The Executive Chef oversees the department, which operates 24-7/365 days. This full-time role is critical to delivering services that help our residents live healthy and fulfilled lives.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Diploma or Degree in Culinary Arts
- Red Seal Certification
- Food Safe Designation
- Minimum of 3 years as an Executive Chef
- Minimum of 5-10 years in a commercial kitchen environment with experience overseeing kitchen operations and staff
- Experience planning and directing culinary activities
- Experience developing menus and estimating food costs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; effective problem solver and change leader
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products, scheduling/payroll systems and inventory control systems/processes
- Passionate about food; interested in changing global food trends, options and opportunities
- Valid Driver’s Licence
We offer a competitive total compensation package (wage and benefits) and the opportunity to work in Tapestry’s newest community on Vancouver Island, which will open to residents in early 2021. If you are interested in being part of the team that will launch our newest community and help establish Tapestry on Vancouver Island, please introduce yourself.
As an employee, if you recommend a qualified candidate that we hire, you will be eligible for an Employee Referral Program award!
August 24, 2020