Make a Difference with Tapestry
Career Opportunity | Wesbrook Village
Executive Chef – Full-Time
Tapestry is an active aging community for independent adults. At Tapestry, residents live healthy, engaged, purposeful and socially-connected lives and experience personalized, resident-centric service. Reporting to the General Manager, the Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the kitchen with a focus on food safety, quality and overall exceptional culinary experience. Responsibilities include quarterly menu creation, developing seasonal and feature menus, ensuring the appropriate quality and quantity product is ordered through approved vendors, and proactively interacting with residents to discuss food options and quality. The Executive Chef oversees the department, which operates 24-7/365 days. This role is critical to delivering services that help our residents live healthy and fulfilled lives.
Qualifications & Requirements:
▪ Diploma or Degree in Culinary Arts
▪ Red Seal Certification
▪ Food Safe Designation
▪ Minimum of five to 10 years in a commercial kitchen environment with experience overseeing kitchen operations and staff
▪ Minimum of three years as an Executive Chef
▪ Experience planning and directing culinary activities
▪ Experience developing menus and estimating food costs
▪ Strong interpersonal and communication skills; effective problem solver and change leader
▪ Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products, scheduling/payroll systems and inventory control systems/processes
▪ Passionate about food; interested in changing global food trends, options and opportunities
▪ Valid Driver’s License
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Tapestry has taken a number of significant measures to protect the health of our residents and employees, including active screening upon entry to the community. Only those individuals who are free of cold and flu symptoms are able to work in the community.
Single Site Order (SSO):
Under the Provincial Single Site Order (SSO), Tapestry cannot employ an individual who is assigned to work at another assisted living community, long term care or mental healthy facility.
Executive Chef – FT – WV – February 2021
pdf – 124.25 KB