Make a Difference with Tapestry
|Location(s)||Village Gate West|
We are recruiting for a General Manager at our Village Gate West community in Toronto. This role oversees the day-to-day operations of our active aging, independent living community ensuring that our Mission and Operating Principles are fully expressed to achieve our goal of 100% occupancy with engaged residents and employees. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the General Manager is responsible for supporting sales and marketing, maximizing our residents and employees’ experience, overseeing day-to-day community operations, overseeing operating and capital budgets, and ensuring that our wellness programs and services meet our residents’ evolving needs aligned to our focus on the seven dimensions of wellness. The General Manager is an experienced, passionate and influential leader who sets the tone to create the “Tapestry feeling” — a vibrant and dynamic community, which operates 24-7/365 days per year.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant degree/diploma (i.e., hospitality, management, business, etc.)
- Minimum of five years of experience in a progressively senior leadership role with a proven track record of building employee engagement and driving business results (hospitality or seniors’ industry is preferred)
- Experience in progressively senior roles with demonstrated ability in leadership, interpersonal skills, sales and marketing and financial management/planning
- Self-directed, accountable problem-solver with the ability to effectively interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Leads with courage and passion, serves with compassion and respect, communicates authentically and with clarity, and effectively manages change
- Has a strong execution-bias and a tenacious and optimistic perspective focused on continuous performance improvement; strong working knowledge of scheduling/payroll systems; CRM systems and Microsoft Office suite of products
- Knowledge of seniors’ industry-related provincial regulations, policies and standards is a plus, as is a Class 4 License
We offer an attractive total compensation package (salary and benefits), and the opportunity to work in an exceptional community environment with a passionate and committed team.
To apply for this role:
Please send a resume and cover letter to Tapestry Senior Vice President, Mark Andrew, at MAndrew@DiscoverTapestry.com. As an employee, if you recommend a qualified external candidate that we hire, you will be eligible for an Employee Referral Program award!
General Manager VGW January 2020
pdf – 117.69 KB