Make a Difference with Tapestry
Career Opportunity | Tapestry at Wesbrook Village Kinesiologist – Full-Time
Tapestry is an active aging community for independent adults. At Tapestry, residents live healthy, engaged, purposeful and socially connected lives and experience personalized, resident-centric service. Reporting to the Wellness Supervisor, the kinesiologist is responsible for developing programs designed to help our residents stay fit and healthy, and to support their individual wellness objectives aligned to our goal of creating active aging communities. This includes providing personal health and fitness assessments, defining personalized exercise programs based on individual wellness objectives, and providing general guidance on opportunities to improve health, avoid injury and maximize personal performance and participate in community wide wellness events.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in kinesiology or a related field such as human kinetics, exercise science or exercise physiology
- A minimum of two years creating, delivering and assessing programs to support individual health and wellness
- Experience working with active aging adults in a seniors’ community (independent living preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products
- CPR & First Aid Designations
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Tapestry has taken a number of significant measures to protect the health of our residents and employees, including active screening upon entry to the community. Only those individuals who are free of cold and flu symptoms are able to work in the community.
Single Site Order (SSO):
Under the Provincial Single Site Order (SSO), Tapestry cannot employ an individual who is assigned to work at another assisted living community, long-term care or mental health facility.
Posted: June 20, 2022
WV – FT Kins – June 2022
pdf – 113.77 KB