Make a Difference with Tapestry
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for overseeing the overall Food & Beverage operations of our community’s restaurant, bistro and bar, as well as in-suite dining. With the goal of creating an exceptional culinary experience to create unforgettable dining experiences, the Restaurant Manager establishes and implements high food service standards, creating a professional and welcoming atmosphere, maintaining cleanliness levels at above expected levels and overseeing special events. Reporting to the Resident Services Manager, the Restaurant Manager works collaboratively with the Executive Chef and other community leaders.
Qualifications & Requirements:
▪ Degree, diploma or certificate in hospitality, business administration, business operations or related discipline
▪ Minimum 2 years supervisory or management experience in a restaurant/hospitality setting
▪ Minimum 5 years serving experience
▪ Experience coordinating daily restaurant operations and creating plans to deliver superior food and beverage services, while maximizing customer experience
▪ Experience leading a team of service professionals with responsibility for scheduling, recruitment, orientation, training, communications and performance management
▪ Responsible for effectively managing the departmental budget and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement to maximize employee engagement and resident satisfaction
▪ Experience with point of sale systems; scheduling/payroll systems and working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of products
▪ CPR & First Aid certification; Food Safe & Serving it Right Designations
▪ Valid Driver’s Licence
Tapestry offers an attractive total compensation package (competitive salary and comprehensive benefits) and the opportunity to work in an exceptional community environment. Please note, your employment as a successful candidate is subject to completing a Vulnerable Sector Check and TB test, as well as providing documentation validating that you have received Tapestry’s required immunizations.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Tapestry has taken a number of significant measures to protect the health of our residents and employees, including active screening upon entry to the community. Only those individuals who are free of cold and flu symptoms are able to work in the community.
Single Site Order (SSO):
Under the Provincial Single Site Order (SSO), Tapestry cannot employ an individual who is assigned to work at another assisted living community, long term care or mental healthy facility.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Resident Services Manager, Brian Browne at BBrowne@discovertapestry.com. As an employee, if you recommend a qualified candidate that we hire, you will be eligible for an Employee Referral Program award!
Posted: September 13, 2021