Make a Difference with Tapestry
Wellness Associate (Arbutus Walk) – Temporary (6 months) Part-Time
Tapestry is an active aging community where individuals seek opportunities to pursue their physical, mental and spiritual independence. The Wellness Associate is responsible for assisting with the planning, development and delivery of programs, activities and initiatives that support Tapestry’s focus on delivering the seven dimensions of wellness to facilitate our active aging communities. Reporting to the Wellness Manager, duties may include supporting the production of resident communications, creating weekly/monthly activities calendars, organizing and measuring the effectiveness of planned events and activities, and delivering programs based on resident preferences and expectations.
Qualifications, Requirements & Accreditations:
• University/College degree/diploma in Gerontology, Kinesiology, Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Psychology and/or related discipline
• Experience coordinating program operations and creating plans to deliver events maximizing residents’ experience
• Minimum of two years of experience in a fast-paced, high-quality community/organization
• Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products
• CPR and First Aid Designation
• Driver’s license (Class 4 preferred)
• Excellent communicator; detailed-oriented, multi-tasker; impeccable service focus and collaborative team player
Tapestry offers an attractive total compensation package (competitive salary and comprehensive benefits) and the opportunity to work in an exceptional community environment. Our community is located in beautiful Kitsilano, BC, close to transit. If you’re looking for a positive new opportunity with growth potential, are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives and you’re a team player, we’d love to hear from you!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Tapestry has taken a number of significant measures to protect the health of our residents and employees, including active screening upon entry to the community. Only those individuals who are free of cold and flu symptoms are able to work in the community.
Single Site Order (SSO):
Under the Provincial Single Site Order (SSO), Tapestry employees may only work at another assisted living, long-term care or mental health facility that is located within the “Urban Cluster” (Richmond, Vancouver, the North Shore and Squamish) as defined by the BC Ministry of Health. Tapestry employees are required to disclose secondary employment.
We create memorable moments in thriving, connected communities
where individuals experience healthy and fulfilled lives.
September 07, 2022
Wellness Associate – Temp – Part Time – September 2022
pdf – 540.49 KB