Make a Difference with Tapestry
Wellness Associate (Arbutus Walk) – Temporary, Full-Time
Tapestry is an active aging community where individuals seek opportunities to pursue their physical, mental and spiritual independence. The Wellness Associate is responsible for assisting with the planning, development and delivery of programs, activities and initiatives that support Tapestry’s focus on delivering the seven dimensions of wellness to facilitate our active aging communities. Reporting to the Wellness Manager, duties may include supporting the production of resident communications, creating weekly/monthly activities calendars, organizing and measuring the effectiveness of planned events and activities, and delivering programs based on resident preferences and expectations.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University/College degree/diploma in Gerontology, Kinesiology, Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Psychology and/or related discipline
- Experience coordinating program operations and creating plans to deliver events maximizing residents’ experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in a fast-paced, high-quality community/organization
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products
- CPR and First Aid Designation
- Driver’s license (Class 4 preferred)
- Excellent communicator; detailed-oriented, multi-tasker; impeccable service focus and collaborative team player
Tapestry offers an attractive total compensation package and the opportunity to work in an exceptional community environment. If you’re passionate about making a difference in people’s lives and you’re a team player, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note, Tapestry has taken a number of significant measures to protect the health of our residents and employees during the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, including active screening upon return (temperature checks) to the community. Only those individuals who are free of any cold or flu symptoms (and pass active screening) are able to work in the community. We are not currently employing any individual with a secondary job. We are pleased to offer a 10% recognition pay premium for employees working in our communities.
pdf – 150.30 KB