Make a Difference with Tapestry
Wellness Supervisor – Tapestry at Wesbrook Village
At Tapestry, resident service is an important point of differentiation in our active aging communities. Friendly, courteous and prompt service is critical to the vibrant and dynamic community experience we strive to create every day. Reporting to the Wellness Manager, the Wellness Supervisor plays a key leadership role supporting Tapestry’s focus on engaging our residents and employees to sustain and reinforce a culture of wellness aligned to the 7 Dimensions of Wellness. The Wellness Supervisor oversees the Kinesiologists and Wellness Associates, ensuring that programs and services are aligned to the community’s wellness goals and support our award-winning focus on creating a wellness-inspired environment where independent adults can continue to pursue their purpose and passion. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Qualifications, Requirements & Accreditations:
- University/college degree/diploma/certificate in Gerontology, Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Psychology or a related discipline
- One to three years of supervisory or team lead experience
- Three to five years of experience coordinating program operations and creating plans to deliver events and/or activities that maximize participant experience and engagement
- Experience working in an independent living community with a focus on active aging
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- CPR and First Aid Designations; a Class 4 Driver Licence is preferred
- An excellent people leader, team player, communicator and a results-driven, multi-tasker
Tapestry offers an attractive total compensation package and the opportunity to work in an exceptional team environment. Please note, your employment as a successful candidate is subject to completing a Vulnerable Sector Check and TB test, as well as providing documentation validating that you have received Tapestry’s required immunizations (three doses required).
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Tapestry has taken a number of significant measures to protect the health of our residents and employees, including active screening upon entry to the community. Only those individuals who are fully immunized and free of cold and flu symptoms are able to work in the community.
Single Site Order (SSO):
Under the Provincial Single Site Order (SSO), Tapestry cannot employ an individual who is assigned to work at another retirement community, long term care or mental health facility.
May 6, 2022
Wellness Supervisor May 2022 – Natalie W_
pdf – 170.89 KB