January is the perfect time to consider wonderful possibilities for the future, whether that be establishing new habits (or breaking old ones!), improving our wellness or making a move to a new home.
In keeping with the theme of resolutions and making a fresh start, January is the perfect time to begin planning your move to Tapestry, an active aging community for independent seniors. There are so many reasons to consider Tapestry. We offer independent adults a vibrant and thriving community where they can live an engaged and active life that nourishes mind, body and spirit in a healthy and safe environment.
While making the choice to move to an active aging community like Tapestry can feel overwhelming, it doesn’t have to be stressful. Consider these helpful insights as you plan your fresh start in the new year:
- Do your research. Make sure any community you choose fits your lifestyle needs and offers an environment that truly feels like “home”.
- Take advantage of expert move-in support. Don’t try and do everything on your own. At Tapestry, we offer a unique move-in support service to ensure the entire experience is seamless and stress-free. Our professional Move-In Coordinator can support your downsizing efforts, help to design the layout of your new suite and work closely with your movers to ensure a stress-free experience. The key is to ensure your new home is comfortable and features some of your most cherished items, while offering plenty of space to create precious new memories.
- Get involved in community life – before you move-in. Given the current COVID-19 context, participation in our community events is temporarily limited to our residents. However, you can still get a feel for our vibrant community life by participating in virtual Tapestry events and activities. Want to work-out with one of our professional kinesiologists? Visit our website to try a stretching class with Jenn.
- Stay involved after you move-in. The joy of living in a community is the connected environment that promotes healthy and engaged living. After moving-in, take advantage of everything offered to make yourself feel truly at home. At Tapestry, we offer a robust orientation for new residents to ensure we meet their expectations and support their achievement of individual goals. For example, every new resident meets our Executive Chef to learn about our culinary program, while we in turn better understand resident tastes and preferences. Members of our wellness team conduct personal assessments to define individual wellness goals, including health and fitness objectives, and then work collaboratively to develop plans that promote your success.
- Patience is a virtue. Making a move is a significant life event that requires patience. It is natural to miss your old home, especially if you lived there for many decades. Allow yourself to experience these emotions while at the same time celebrating your new community and all the possibilities it offers!
Thinking about a fresh start in a new home this year? Contact us and ask about our exciting “New Beginnings” move-in incentive, available for a limited time only!